ALL BOOKED UP!
This is just a note to let you know that I received your deposit, and you are all booked up! Thanks for choosing me to create your custom cake/dessert box/celebration board to make your event special! Please take a moment to read the VERY IMPORTANT information below to help you be informed about the next steps in the ordering process.
Your cake box will also come with a cheat sheet sticker of instructions (below you will see a copy of that) to assist on the day of your event.
What happens next?
I will be reaching out to you 3-5 days before your event to go over all the final details of your order. The theme that we have spoken about prior to payment of deposit cannot be changed. Once we finalize the design and I get working on your cake order - I will reach out to you again the evening prior to your event to let you know how your cake is coming along and to provide you with a sneak peek and discuss pickup/delivery.
Where do I pickup and is delivery an option?
Free pickup is an option at a public location 1800 Thibido Vista, 92081. We would set a specific time to meet in this parking lot (I arrive early in a black chevy tahoe for ease of finding me). Or if you would like a quote on delivery, I am happy to prepare that for you, based on mileage from 92081 and my availability.
How do I handle the final payment?
The night before I will remind you of your balance that will be due upon pickup or delivery in cash, credit card, check, Venmo, or PayPal.
How do I handle and transport the cake?
If you are taking advantage of free pickup - then you may be concerned about handling and driving with your cake. Here are a few tips to help ease your thoughts:
- If you have an adult that can hold the cake that is the best option!
- Cakes are boxed and chilled prior to delivery to help with the drive.
- All cakes come on a sturdy 12" square board that will fit in NEARLY everyone's front passenger floor space. I will be giving you a piece of non-slip grip so that the box/board doesn't wiggle around as much. Please make sure that this space as well as the passenger seat is clean and clear of everything that can damage the cake.
- If your cake is larger than 2-3 tiers, then it will not fit in the floor space, and I will be suggesting delivery.
- Drive slowly, especially on turns/curves and allow extra time to brake and easily press your foot on the gas.
- Blast your air conditioner while transporting the cake.
- All cakes are shelf stable, as per my particular type of health permit, therefore refrigeration is not required, but is ok if you choose to.
- When cutting, it is best to use a serrated (bread) knife and 'saw' thru the fondant. Also, it is suggested that you 'take the cake apart' prior to cutting. As in, remove all the accessories and separate the tiers to cut them separately, to get the most number of square (not pie shaped) slices. There is a video below.
- Storing leftovers in the fridge or freezer is perfect, just wrap in saran wrap, then foil and place in a ziploc bag.