ALL BOOKED UP!
This is just a note to let you know that I received your deposit, and you are all booked up! Thanks for choosing me to create your custom cake to make your event special! Please take a moment to read the VERY IMPORTANT information below to help you be informed about the next steps in the custom cake ordering process.
What happens next?
I will be reaching out to you 3-7 days before your event to go over all the final details of your order. The theme that we have spoken about prior to payment of deposit cannot be changed. Once we finalize the design and I get working on your cake order - I will reach out to you again the evening prior to your event to let you know how your cake is coming along and to provide you with a sneak peek! After pickup/delivery I also provide you with a nice photo of your cake :)
Where do I pickup and is delivery an option?
The night before when I reach out, we will also setup a plan for free pickup at my location: 1031 South Santa Fe Vista, CA 92083. Or if you would like a quote on delivery, I am happy to prepare that for you, based on mileage from 92083 and my availability.
How do I handle the final payment?
The night before I will remind you of your balance that will be due upon pickup or delivery in cash, credit card, check, Venmo, or PayPal.
How do I handle and transport the cake?
If you are taking advantage of free pickup - then you may be concerned about handling and driving with your cake. Here are a few tips to help ease your thoughts:
- If you have an adult that can hold the cake that is the best option!
- Cakes are not boxed as this only gives people a false sense of safety.
- All cakes come on a sturdy 12" square board that will fit in NEARLY everyone's front passenger floor space. I will be giving you a piece of non-slip grip so that the wood board doesn't move around. Please make sure that this space as well as the passenger seat is clean and clear of everything that can damage the cake.
- If your cake is larger than 3 tiers, then it will not fit in the floor space, and I will be suggesting delivery.
- Drive slowly, especially on turns/curves and allow extra time to brake and easily put foot on the gas.
- Blast your air conditioner while transporting the cake.
- All cakes are shelf stable, as per my particular type of health permit, therefore NO refrigeration is required. Placing your cake in the refrigerator will actually cause more harm, as condensation droplets will form on the fondant and if you have any edible images, they tend to bleed due to the moisture.
- When cutting, it is best to use a serrated (bread) knife and 'saw' thru the fondant. Also, it is suggested that you 'take the cake apart' prior to cutting. As in, remove all the accessories and separate the tiers to cut them separately, to get the most number of square (not pie shaped) slices.
- Storing leftovers in the fridge or freezer is perfect, just wrap in saran wrap, then foil and place in a ziploc bag.